Mushroom and Lentil Lasagne Cups
Put a modern twist on the classic lasagne with these exciting mushroom and lentil lasagne cups. With nutty portobellini mushrooms and rich brown lentils, you’ll find a brand new way to love lasagne – and you won’t look back!
- 150 g onion, chopped
- 250 g portobellin mushrooms (small brown mushrooms)
- 1 tin (400g) brown lentils, drained
- A small handful italian parsley chopped
- 295 g box Knorr chicken lasagne mice mate
- 800 ml low fat milk
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the grill function on the oven. Prepare a large muffin pan with 6 cups by spraying the cups with non-stick spray.
- In a pan sauté onion in 2 tablespoons oil, for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add sachet of Seasoning Spice Blend, 800 ml milk and uncooked pasta.
- Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is cooked.
- Empty contents of Cheese Sauce sachet into a measuring jug and fill to 200 ml with rapidly boiling water. Once all the water has been added, stir with a fork for 1 minute, until thick and smooth then set aside.
- Add the lentils to the cheese pasta sauce and chopped parsley and stir through.
- Remove pan from heat and pour into the muffin pan cups. Pour cheese sauce over and top with grated cheese. Grill for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.