Falafel Veggie Burgers
Serve with roasted sweet potato wedges.
Transform your leftover veg into Legendary Veggie Burgers.
- For The Falafel Patties
- 2 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained rinsed and dried
- 1½ cups mashed potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 60 ml (4 tbsp) Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 10 ml Robertsons cumin
- 10 ml Robertsons ground black peppercorns, to taste
- 10 ml Robertsons Atlantic sea salt, to season
- 30 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- 250 g (1 cup) cake flour
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) oil, for frying
- For Serving
- 6 burger buns
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 3 Crisp lettuce leaves
- 2 large carrot, grated into ribbons
- 1 large, sliced tomato
- 6 slices of cheese
- In a food processor, combine your ingredients for the patties and blend.
- Add more flour if mixture feels too wet.
- Remove mixture and place in a bowl. Mixture is best left to sit wrapped in the fridge overnight as this will make it easier to work with.
- Dust your hands with flour and shape mixture into 6 even-sized patties (if it is too wet, fold in some extra cake flour).
- Place patties on a plate to await frying.
- Place about 1 cm of oil in a non-stick pan and place on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, gently place patties in hot oil and allow the bottom to cook and turn golden brown. While the bottom is cooking, make sure to splash the top of the patties with hot oil to help it “seal”, this will make it easier to turn.
- Cook until golden brown in colour on both sides before removing and placing on some paper towels to soak up any excess oil.
- Assemble your burgers, making sure to spread some Hellmann’s Vegan Mayonnaise on the bun.
- Serve with roasted sweet potato wedges.
Robertsons Black Pepper
For a warm, pungent flavour, add black pepper spice to your savoury...
Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt Grinder
Use Atlantic Sea Salt in the cooking process to add flavour to your...
Robertsons Ground Cumin
Cumin is a spice and the seeds should be roasted before being used to...
- Nut Free
Try our Menu Planner
Simply answer a few dietary questions and we will serve you a personalised weekly menu featuring recipes that suit your needs.