When it comes to the wonderful world of Indian cuisine, for many people, curries reign supreme. From beef madras curries bursting with fiery flavour to creamy butter chicken curries and vindaloos with spices to set your tastebuds ablaze, there is a world of flavours to choose from. But while this particular dish is loved across the globe, when it comes to cooking curries at home, many of us get a little stressed.
Making your flavourful curry can seem intimidating, especially with the complex balance of herbs and spices you need to get just right to get the perfect level of heat. If you’ve been craving a taste of Indian cuisine but aren’t feeling confident about your skills when it comes to cooking a curry dish, worry no more! Rajah is sharing some tips and tricks for making Indian-inspired home curries full of flavour and delightful aroma. So read on and get ready to make rich and delicious curries at home today.
Indian-Inspired Curries To Try
With a wide variety of curry types to choose from – vegetarian or meaty, hot or mild – the options are endless when it comes to the mouth-watering curries you can make right at home. Wondering what some Indian curries are easy to make? Then explore this Indian curry list to find a simple curry that has heaps of flavour and just the right amount of heat.
Popular Indian Curries
- Tikka Masala
- Rogan Josh
- Chana Masala
Tips to Try for the Tastiest Curry
- Use a good quality curry powder or spice mix: At the heart of every successful curry dish is a rich, robust and well-balanced blend of carefully selected herbs and spices. Fortunately, with Rajah’s range of Curry Powders and Pure Spice Blends, you don’t need to stress about creating the perfect spice blend. Instead, you can simply select a curry powder or pure spice blend from our range and watch the irresistible aroma and generous flavour unfold.
- Have a solid start: When cooking a curry, you should always start by frying onions, garlic – and ginger if you like – in oil as this is the foundation to create a curry base that’s full of flavour.
- Taste as you make: To ensure your curry is seasoned just right and has a heat level you like, it’s important to taste your curry as you go and adjust along the way to balance your curry flavours. Tasting as you go also enables you to adjust the heat level in your curry to make it perfect for your spice level preferences.
- Start the day before: Make your curry the day before you’d like to eat it to save you time and to let those wonderful curry flavours infuse overnight for a delicious curry dish the next day.
Curry Recipes You Can Try At Home
If you were wondering what Indian curry is best for beginners to try, give these recipes a go and make sure you try out our tips for making a super tasty curry.
- Chicken Korma – This creamy, coconut-based curry dish is quick and easy to make thanks to the delightful, spicy flavour of Rajah’s Chicken Korma Pure Spice Blend. Perfect for those who like a little less heat, give this curry a try for a weekday treat.
- Masala Oxtail with Herby Dombolo – In South Africa, you can rarely go wrong when it comes to oxtail. And in this recipe, the Rajah Mild Masala Curry Powder infuses this indulgent dish with an irresistible masala flavour, for an Indian-inspired oxtail curry dish that puts a lekker spicy twist on a local favourite.
- Veggie Vindaloo Curry – Bring the heat with this fiery veggie vindaloo. The Rajah Hot Curry Powder packs a powerful punch of heat and generous flavour into this vegetarian-friendly vindaloo for flavour and heat that’s sure to satisfy any spice lovers.
With Rajah, creating a rich, full-flavoured and irresistibly aromatic curry is made simple with our range of carefully crafted curry powders and pure spice blends. So give our curry recipes a try and enjoy a taste of India, whenever you like.